TRANSTAR II Automation Systems |
Zenith's TRANSTAR II automation systems are designed to
minimize the labor required to operate a multi-stage cleaning process, and can
be added to any multi-tank
These overhead pick & place robots are normally used in cleanrooms since they
have fewer areas where contaminants can be trapped when compared to our
automatic parts washer, and are easier to keep clean.
How this system operates:
The system is operated in the following manner:
- Operators place baskets of parts onto the load conveyor
or load platform
- A recipe of operation is selected on the color
touchscreen operator interface
- The system automatically detects the basket and transfers
it to the ultrasonic cleaning tank
- Parts are ultrasonically cleaned for the amount of time
programmed into the recipe selected.
- When ultrasonic cleaning is complete, the parts are
agitated to flush loosened contaminants from blind holes and other detailed
- Parts are allowed to drip off and are then transferred to
the rinsing tanks. Any additional baskets on the load conveyor are
immediately moved to the ultrasonic cleaning tank to begin processing.
Multiple baskets can be processed simulataneously.
- When the first basket completes all rinsing processes, it
is moved to the drying tank where heated air circulates around the parts to
dry them rapidly
- Baskets are eventually ejected onto the unload conveyor
for removal. A compressed air gun is included to remove any remaining
water from the parts if needed.
- The TRANSTAR II Automation System eliminates the need to manually move baskets into
cleaning, rinsing, and drying tanks. Rather, parts are transferred fully
automatically using a high-speed servo motor-controlled belt drive system.
- The system is also capable of modifying the cleaning environment to suit
specific part designs to enhance the cleaning performance. For example, some
aerospace or aluminum components are sensitive to damage by the ultrasonic
energy in the cleaning tank. To eliminate the damage potential the TRANSTAR
system includes the exclusive Frequency and Oscillation Selection Feature to
process these parts using only 80kHz
ultrasonics, which are significantly more
gentle on parts than the included 40kHz ultrasonic system. The patented
CROSSFIRE Multiple Frequency Ultrasonic System (US Patents 5,865,199 and
6,019,852) permits this possibility. Parts can be processed with low frequency ultrasonics, high frequency ultrasonics, or
CROSSFIRE simultaneous multiple
- Not only can the frequency be selected, even drying tank temperatures
recipe-selectable with this optional upgrade to process parts with differing maximum temperature values.
Drying tank temperatures will change to match the basket being processed, fully
- The TRANSTAR II system is also capable of Simultaneous Multi-recipe Basket Transfer
Operations. With the TRANSTAR system, baskets of any recipe can be added
at any time. The system automatically adjusts to ensure that each basket is
processed with its proper recipe.
Light Signal Tower to indicate system operating conditions from a distance
- Light Sensor Safety Curtain to stop all moving components if operators approach
the movement area
- Color Touch-screen Operator Interface and
Programmable Logic Controller
- Unload Sensor to indicate when baskets
- Alarm features to notify operators in the
event of a problem.
- Automatic Jam Detection to prevent damage
to parts and baskets in the event of a basket jam.
- All stainless steel construction
- Internally and externally welded tanks
with central support to increase weld strength and prevent "oil canning"
- Components are easily accessible for
- Speed and ramping adjustments for vertical
and horizontal movement.
Optional equipment available for the TRANSTAR II system includes:
load and unload conveyors
- Automated covers to reduce evaporative
and heat losses
- Process pauses to clean parts with blind
holes in multiple orientations
- Allen Bradley Compactlogix PLC and
Panelview Plus Color Operator Human/Machine Interfaces
- Process Area Enclosures with Interlocked
- Right-angle entry and exit conveyors
If you have an application which may require a multi-stage automated ultrasonic
cleaning system, contact Zenith Manufacturing and speak to one of our engineers
who will discuss the many other features and optional equipment available to
ensure that the system meets your every need.
For a downloadable PDF Brochure,
85 Oak St.
Norwood, NJ 07648-0412