ADVANTAGE Automatic Parts Washer (patent pending)
Zenith's newest automatic parts washer, the Advantage (patent
pending), is the most ultrasonically-optimized automation system available and
provides cleaning performance that cannot be matched by any other type of
Anyone that knows anything about ultrasonic cleaners can tell
you that the ultrasonic cleaning performance is directly related to the number
of parts being cleaned, and the mass of the individual parts:
- The greater the number of parts being cleaned, the less
ultrasonic energy that will be dedicated to an individual part.
- ANYTHING that is submerged in an ultrasonic bath absorbs
some of the emitted energy, and changes the reflected patterns of energy in
- To reduce the effect that the baskets have on ultrasonic
cleaning performance, baskets are made just strong enough the support the
batch of product with minimal mass to minimize energy loss and maximize
How ADVANTAGE Maximizes Ultrasonic Performance
The Advantage automatic parts washer uses Zenith's proven MBT
transfer system to push baskets from tank to tank using a series of arms which
are connected to a pneumatic cylinder or optically-encoded ball screw drive.
This is identical to the way that our MBT system has functioned for decades.
However, the Advantage system optimizes ultrasonic performance by:
- Eliminating any and all basket support structures under
- Removing basket supports allows all of the ultrasonic
energy being emitted to be dedicated to parts cleaning.
- No structures under the basket which will absorb
ultrasonic energy and change its reflected patterns in the tank.
- Each tank includes a dedicated oscillation platform that
oscillates product during the process at a programmable rate to scan items
through the standing waves of ultrasonic energy, remove loosened
contaminants from detailed areas of the product, and prevent damage to
- Oscillation permits product to pass through the
high-energy band just below the surface of the liquid.
- As the weight of parts becomes greater, support
structures which would be included need to be more massive and thereby
absorb even more ultrasonic energy. With Advantage, even the heaviest
loads will not affect ultrasonic performance due to structural strengthening
of basket supports.
More information on the advantages of oscillation can be found in the Technical Info drop-down menu above under
Test Results and Customer Feedback
Foil tests which were performed in an ultrasonically-optimized
system which supported baskets underneath vs. our Advantage parts washer design
indicated that it took 10 times longer to produce 1/2 of the holes in the foil.
In addition, holes in the foil were significantly more evenly distributed in the
Advantage system. These easy-to-perform tests indicate that the Advantage
design is at least 300-500% more ultrasonically effective than a system which
suspends the basket from underneath.
Customer feedback on sales of this new design backs up our own
tests. One customer who had an older system that supported the basket from
underneath dropped his ultrasonic cleaning time from 10 minutes to 3 minutes,
and felt that they could reduce the cleaning time even further and still get
their parts clean.
Another customer who had already decided to purchase their new
system from a competitor whose machine supported the basket from underneath
ended up purchasing multiple Advantage systems from Zenith instead after
performing their own comparative foil tests at Zenith and its competitor.
ADVANTAGE Automation System Features
- All basket support structures are eliminated from the tank to
maximize ultrasonic cleaning performance (patent pending)
- Baskets are pushed from tank to tank along a guided track
- Less possibility of system crashing due to falling baskets
since baskets can never be disengaged from the support devices.
- Includes independent, programmable oscillation capabilities to every tank
through the surface of the liquid to pass objects through high energy cleaning
- High load capacities are possible without reducing ultrasonic
power in the tanks.
- Features which permit rotation of parts to permit even
cleaning of parts with complex geometries.
Multiple Frequency Ultrasonic Systems can be added to improve
particle sizes most effectively removed and provide the cleaning properties of
- NEMA4X control enclosures and color touch-screen operator
interface with remote log-in and control capabilities.
- System input monitoring through the touchscreen display for
- SSR-controlled Drying Tank for the most accurate temperature
maintenance up to 250 degrees F.
- Multiple Recipe Processor allows each basket to be processed
with different recipes of operation.
- Can be manufactured to utilize existing baskets.
- Light safety curtain for operator safety.
- Light signal tower with optional alarm horn alerts operators
- Large variety of options available to customize the system to
suit your specific needs.
- Manufactured using readily-available components.
- All stainless steel construction with true tubular support
- For a downloadable PDF Brochure,
Available Sizes and Formats
The Advantage Automatic Parts Washer is available in the following sizes and
- 3-tank Format Industrial Series: Clean/Rinse/Dry for
industrial-grade cleaning results
- 4-tank Format Precision Series: Clean/Rinse/Rinse/Dry for
precision-grade zero-residue performance capabilities
- 5-tank Format Ultra-clean Series: Clean/Rinse/Rinse/Rinse/Dry or
Clean/Clean/Rinse/Rinse/Dry for ultraclean performance capabilites
- Other Formats: Available on request in any conceivable design.
- Basket Size 12" x 20" x 14" tall
- Basket Size 18" x 24" x 15" tall
- Basket Size 24" x 36" x 18" tall
- Other Sizes: Are available on request, custom-manufactured.
For more information on this truly revolutionary product,
download our PDF and contact Zenith directly for additional
assistance, or use our on-line Contact Form. Our engineers will provide
any assistance you may need, and will ensure that the Advantage automatic parts
washer is the best of Zenith's automated options for your application.
85 Oak St.
Norwood, NJ 07648-0412